Sunday, May 23, 2010

CORPSE FUCKING ART (1987)

Very interesting documentary about the making of NEKROMANTIK, NEKROMANTIK 2 and DER TODESKING. I'm using the term documentary very loosely since all this film actually is is an hour worth of outtakes and footage shot of the sets with audio commentary by Jorg Buttgereit.

My favorite part was the stuff about the original NEKROMANTIK cause that film really did change my life when I saw it for the first time as a teenager. Did you know the cat intestines were actually scrambled eggs painted red?! That's pretty wild. They also used honey in the corpse fucking scene.

Then you got some stuff about DER TODESKING which was just alright. They also showed how they made the time lapse rotting corpse and the dick chopping scene. But the most interesting part, to me, was they actually had even more stories they were going to include in the film, but just didn't, including one about a sad guy who fantasizes about how beautiful and perfect his funeral will be, so he kills himself and only two people show up at his funeral then the gravediggers piss on his coffin. Haha.

Next up was some stuff about NEKROMANTIK 2 and it wasn't very interesting cause I didn't care for the movie much, plus the shitty old VHS tape started fucking up so I couldn't really see what was happening too well.

If you're a fan of Buttgereit or NEKROMANTIK I say it's definitely worth a watch if you can find a copy. I damn sure wouldn't spend much money on it though.